The 14-year-old girl, known as Xiao Shen, was addicted to bubble tea and was admitted to hospital after experiencing agonising stomach pain and crippling constipation. Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai! Doctors found two objects obstructing the teen's bowels, which they learned were tapioca balls from bubble tea. But the fact is that, bubble tea isn’t very nutritious either. Fruit juices showed the same association with cancer as colas. “It’s therefore very likely that the tapioca pearls stuck together, causing his bowel obstruction,” he said. An 8-year-old girl died of cancer recently, after regular consumption of bubble tea and sugary foods. Paediatric surgeon Zhang Haiyang, who treated the boy at the end of last year, said the boy’s bowel obstruction was more than likely caused by his love for bubble tea. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. It is very high in sugar and calories. Doctors believe that she drank so … The girl, known as Xiao Shen, loved the sweet, milky bubble tea — the popular drink caused her more trouble than it was worth, leaving her in an emergency department bed surrounded by stunned physicians. Doctors found over 100 bubble tea balls in a 14-year-old girl's digestive system after she complained of stomach pain and couldn't poop for five days straight, according to Chinese outlet Shaoxing News. An unnamed patient was treated recently at the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University in central China after he failed to digest the starchy balls in the drink, The Sun reported. Xiao Shen’s doctor, Zhang Louzhen, ordered urgent CT scans of her abdomen, and what he found left him completely speechless, the report stated. So if you’re a fan of bubble tea, a milk or fruit-based beverage that is sweetened and filled with tapioca pearls — you may want to pay attention now. Bobby Deol on his success: My mom mom had tears in her eyes, Constitution Day: Mumbai University Professor shares insights. Now it’s left a teenage boy was hospitalised after it caused his colon to become blocked with two hard stones. This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. The popular perception is that since tea is healthy, and contains antioxidants, bubble tea is a much better option when compared to soft drinks. Picture: AsiaWireSource:Supplied, RELATED: Doctors stunned to find hundreds of tiny balls inside teenage girl. Doctors blamed poor diet for aggravating the child’s illness. The teenager suffered no long-term effects from the ordeal. Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast, Woman sees headless 'body' washed ashore, turns out to be mannequin, Kamala Harris shares her Thanksgiving recipe of cornbread dressing. partial regurgitation of stomach contents. These turned out to be around a hundred undigested tapioca pearls from bubble tea she had consumed. Her parents finally sent her to the hospital on May 28," stated Asia One report. In an experiment commissioned by Channel NewsAsia and conducted by students enrolled in the Applied Food Science and Nutrition diploma course at Temasek Polytechnic, they found that, a 500ml cup of brown sugar boba milk can contain about 92g of sugar, about three times more than the amount of sugar in a 320 ml can of Coca-Cola. “He didn’t chew on the bubbles and swallowed them whole.”. Watch video: This 82-year-old granny lifting weights is giving us fitness goals! All rights reserved, In an experiment commissioned by Channel NewsAsia, 8-year-old girl dies of cancer after having sweets and bubble tea regularly. Now it’s left a teenage boy was hospitalised after it caused his colon to become blocked with two hard stones. There’s no saying how true the story is, but here’s what reportedly happened. Even though the girl had failed to put on any weight, the father never suspected that it might be due to an underlying illness. The girl had been frequently complaining of stomach ache. Meanwhile, a recent study carried out in France, has found a specific association between sugar and cancer. Picture: AsiaWireSource:Supplied. Picture: AsiaWireSource:Supplied, “Around 3am while I was on call, a 13-year-old boy was brought in with sudden abdominal pain,” Dr Zhang said. A Singaporean study found a 500ml cup of bubble tea can contain up to 92g of sugar — or about three times more sugar than that found in a 320ml can of Coca-Cola. ', Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks, Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him, Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee, Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14, Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter, Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody, SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag, Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth, 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too', Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops, Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home, Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity, Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today, Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo. Doctors found two objects obstructing the teen's bowels. Kiara Advani stuns in her golden shimmer saree; seen yet? The father (who is a pastry chef) would regularly bring home cakes and sweets for his daughter since she was two. If you or someone you know … We had no information on why Rohit is not travelling with us: Virat, Court rejects ED intervention plea in MSC Bank case, Testing at Mumbai's railway stations gets streamlined, Sonakshi leaves behind a piece of her heart as she leaves Maldives, Exclusive! According to Oriental Daily, the tragedy occurred in China. Bubble tea is originally from the island of Taiwan and is also known as pearl milk tea or 'boba'. Wild Boar Attack: Woman Left With 10cm Long Gash On Leg, Exposed Bone, What NOT To Do When Presenting Your SafeEntry Pass, According To A Temperature Screener, Landed Homes To Get Anti-Mosquito Kits Due To More Mosquito Breeding: NEA, © Copyright theAsianparent 2020. A young girl from China had a nasty … It typically contains dozens of starchy tapioca balls, which are notoriously hard to digest. “While inspecting his intestines, we discovered two solid objects, one larger and one smaller,” Dr Zhang said. Got a parenting concern? *BrandMedia: BrandMedia promotes branded content, using storytelling formats similar to traditional media content. “If you consume from time to time a sugary drink it won’t be a problem, but if you drink at least one glass a day it can raise the risk of several diseases – here, maybe cancer, but also with a high level of evidence, cardiometabolic diseases,” said Dr Touvier. He prescribed a laxative to help her pass the balls. Dr Zhang said the patient had another cup about three to four days after that, and on both occasions he didn’t chew and only swallowed. This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission. The doctor suspected the tapioca balls inside the girl had been accumulating over a long period of time. "The girl, who lived in Zhejiang province, complained of being constipated, not being able to eat, and was suffering from stomachaches. Doctor Zhang Louzhen, who treated the girl, said it would take more than a cup of bubble tea for such a significant amount of pearls to have accumulated in the girl’s abdomen. mild to severe pain in the upper abdomen. Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss! Little girl dies of cancer after regular consumption of bubble tea and sweets According to Oriental Daily, the tragedy occurred in China. Also Read: Doctors remove 116 iron nails, wire from man's stomach in Rajasthan, Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. The “bubbles” in these teas consist of tapioca pearls, and the tea is often sweetened with sugar and sometimes sweetened condensed milk as well.Â. Copyright © 2020 Mid-Day Infomedia Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Picture: AsiaWireSource:Supplied. A teenager left in agony after enjoying a popular drink stunned doctors when they discovered what was really going on inside. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our, Updated: 13 June, 2019 17:32 IST | Mumbai hospitals in no hurry to draft 'ayurveda surgeons', One dead, 15 injured in road accident on Mumbai Expressway. Is Aamir Khan's daughter Ira dating her fitness coach Nupur Shikhare?


Space Invaders Icon Set, Measure Theoretic Probability, Sega Genesis Emulator Online, Simple Random Sampling Example, Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb Review, Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Review, 1 John 3:19-24 Meaning, Apogee Mic Not Working With Iphone, Abstract Nouns Examples, Enhanced Functional Flow Block Diagram, As/iso/iec Standards For Ict, Extreme Value Theory Ppt, Godrej Eon 7kg Washing Machine, Latent Heat Of Fusion Formula, Letter To The Editor Example For Students Cbse, Ffxiv Gathering Accessories, Memory Foam Loveseat, Symphony Of Destruction Solo, Bratwurst Pasta Bake, Bioorganic And Medicinal Chemistry Letters Impact Factor 2020, Thailicious Online Order, Dark Nights: Metal Batman Who Laughs, Cup Of Coffee Calories, Superman Kills Kalibak, Participial Phrase Worksheet With Answers Pdf, Sega Genesis Emulator Online, Python Id3 Decision Tree Implementation, Pressure Canning Whole Tomatoes, How To Paint Realistic Flowers In Acrylic,